CYGNUS 888 Fiber Optic Multiplexer is suitable for extending RS232 and Ethernet ports from centrally located place to remote site using fiber lines. It is used for PRS/UTS ticket booking in Indian Railways. To extend booking counters, ticket vending machines and information display systems from one platform to another and also used to extend data logger FEP and NMDL Ethernet ports from test room to NMDL ROOM.
- CYGNUS 888 is Ideal for extending multiple devices with asynchronous RS232 or RS422 interface across fiber
- It supports 8 independent full-duplex asynchronous ports with ordering option for RS232 or RS422 interface. Maximum port speed on each of these ports can be 230,400 bps.
- 1500 VAC isolation protection on RS232 Terminal Ports
- Option for simultaneous 10/100 Mbps Ethernet along with the serial ports, via a built-in 4-port Switch. This allows simultaneous LAN extension over fiber.
- Driving range: up to 20 km (using single mode fiber)
- Option for backup fiber port with hot standby functionality
- To manage the unit Through RS232 compatible console port or SNMP and TELNET
- Loop back and test pattern facilities for quick fault isolation on both fiber and DTE interfaces
- Front panel indicators for displaying unit status.
- Power supply support 230 VAC or 48 VDC.