- CYGNUS 855 operates in pairs to transmit and receive ITU-T V.21/V.23 signals over a Dark/Dedicated optical fiber link.
- User interface is compatible with ITU-T V.21/V.23 and allows transport of full-duplex voice band analog modem signals over a 2-wire interface. Compatible with all standard Digital Axle Counters used by Indian Railways.
- Automatic Changeover to bypass copper circuit: This automatically switches data traffic between the Digital Axle Counters to a bypass copper circuit if the OFC link fails, or if the CYGNUS 855 unit is powered off for some reason.
- Bypass link checking: The bypass 6-Quad Copper circuit is continuously checked even when the OFC link is being used
- Facility is provided to record and display time stamped events related to Unit power On/Off, OFC link Up/Down, Bypass Link Up/Down.
- Unit provides Potential free relay contacts to indicate events such as Unit power down, OFC link down, Bypass link down. These relay contacts may be connected to a Data Logger for centralised monitoring of these alarms.
- SMS Alert: Facility to send SMS messages to specified phone numbers on specific alarms.
- Operate from either 24 VDC or 48 VDC power supply.
- Industrial temperature grade components.