- CYGNUS 843RE unit at a remote site, along with a counterpart CYGNUS 842 at an upstream site, allows remote async RS232 devices to set up TELNET/TCP/RLOGIN sessions to central host computers without needing a separate Terminal Server at the upstream site.
- The counterpart unit at the upstream site could also be CYGNUS 843RE instead of CYGNUS 842. In this set up, RS232 and Ethernet terminals at both the remote and the upstream sites can access host computers, with each CYGNUS 843RE unit having its own IP address.
- CYGNUS 843RE can also work as an ordinary standalone Terminal Server. Its advantage over basic Terminal Servers is that in addition to RS 232 ports it also has a built-in 4-port 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet switch. This allows Thin Clients, ATVMs, and other Ethernet devices to access central host computers via the same set up.
- CYGNUS 843RE can be ordered with 4, 8 or 16 RS232 ports. A 4-port built-in Ethernet switch is standard in all models of CYGNUS 843RE.
- Interconnection between the remote CYGNUS 843RE and its upstream counterpart is via a leased line (traditional or MLLN), at speeds from 64 kbps to 2 Mbps. External leased line modems are required.
- Terminal ports support 1500V isolation for increased robustness
- User friendly menu-based supervisory port for easy configuration and quick deployment.
- Support for centralised management through SNMP/Telnet.