- CYGNUS 895 units at the two end stations adjacent to the IBS using optic fiber links. User devices connected to the CYGNUS 895 units at IBS/stations can then communicate with each other.
- CYGNUS 895 units at the two end stations also interconnected using a direct “backup” fiber main link between them. If this is done, a closed ring is formed.
- CYGNUS 895 units continuously monitor the ring. If a fiber segment fails, they automatically switch user data to the other direction on the ring in less than a few tenths of milliseconds.
- Support user interfaces are Ethernet, 2/4 wire E&M, FXS and FXO, RS232
- Unit maintains time stamped event logs of up to 1000 important events, such as Unit Power On/Off, Fiber Link Up/Down etc.
- Potential Free Relay Contacts (PFCs) are provided to indicate alarms such as Unit Power Down, Fiber Link Down. These PFCs may be connected to the Data Logger network for centralised monitoring of alarms.
- Support RS232 based Console Port or Ethernet based Telnet/SNMP management port.
- Dual power supply units operating in hot standby mode are provided. Both power supply units can operate from 24 VDC or 48 VDC. If the power supply unit in use fails, uninterrupted operation continues using the other power supply.
- 19 inch rack mountable