Fiber optic Modem with following options for DTE ports:
• 1, 2 or 4 G.703 (E1) ports which can be used for WAN uplinking or for connecting E1 user devices
• 1 or 2 64 kbps co-directional G.703 (COD) ports which can be used for WAN uplinking or for connecting COD user devices
• 1 or 2 Nx64 kbps V.35 DTE ports for connecting user devices
• 2 or 4 RS232 DTE ports for connecting user devices
• 10/100 Mbps Ethernet with 4-port Switch and Bridging functionality; can bridge across the fiber, or over G.703 channel across a WAN link for end-to-end bridging
User data from V.35/RS232 ports can be directly transported over leased lines by interfacing paired unit through E1 or 64 kbps COD telecom interface
Simultaneous transmission over fiber of Ethernet traffic and DTE port traffic
Ethernet throughput can be up to 40 Mbps across the fiber, or up to 2 Mbps over DTE channel.
Driving range: up to 20 km over single mode fiber
Option for backup fiber port for hot standby functionality
Unit management options:
• through RS 232 compatible console port
• through DIP switches
• through a separate 10/100 Base-T Ethernet port supporting SNMP and TELNET (optional)
Loopback and Test Pattern generation facility for quick fault isolation on fiber and DTE side
Front panel indicators for displaying unit status.
Ordering time option of resettable buzzer for alerting against fiber link failure.
Ordering time option for 230 VAC operation, 48 VDC operation, or both.
Ideal for datacom, SCADA and telecom applications, where reliability and error-free operation of optical fiber are the primary requirements.
Allow applications to exploit the noise immunity, higher bandwidth and larger driving range of fiber, while retaining the flexibility of multiple choices for DTE interface, different ways of controlling and monitoring the unit, and various input power supply options.