CYGNUS 855 Single Port Modular Modem
Operates in pair on optical fiber link to transmit and receive DTE port data across the link.
Driving range: Upto 15 km on single mode optical fiber or 2 km on multimode optical fiber
Modular design allows unit to be ordered with anyone of several DTE interfaces with following functionality, as ordering time option.
• V.35 synchronous interface allows speeds from 64 kbps to 2 Mbps with nx64 kbps operation,(n=1 to 32).
• 2 Mbps G.703 E1 interface with HDB3 encoding and framed and unframed mode of operation.
• 4-port 10/100 Mbps Ethernet interface allow it to be used as a LAN Bridge over fiber link at nx64 kbps bandwidth, up to 2 Mbps.
• 64K Codirectional G.703 interface to transmit 64 Kbps user data with 4-wire COD interface.
• Async RS232 interface to be used to transport RS232 data over fiber by using nx64 kbps bandwidth, upto 2 Mbps.
• 2-wire analog modem DTE interface allows transporting full duplex voice band analogmodem signals over Fiber.
Configuration/monitoring – ordering time options for:
• RS 232 compatible console port
• LCD-Keypad interface on front panel
• Via SNMP and Telnet over a TCP/IP network.
• Through switches and jumpers alone (Limited parameter configuration)
Loop back and test pattern generation facilities for quick fault isolation.
Front panel indicators for displaying unit status.
Power supply – ordering time options for 230 VAC, 24VDC or 48 VDC