CYGNUS 1021 TS for RS232 and Ethernet terminals
Connects RS232 devices (e.g., Dumb Terminals) and Ethernet devices (e.g., Thin Clients) to a core TCP/IP network.
Built-in functions to aid in PRS-UTS integration in Railway applications.
Features of asynchronous RS232 Terminal Ports (TPs) include:
• 4/8/16 port models. 1500V isolation for increased robustness.
• Connection establishment using TELNET or RLOGIN.
• Ability to have up to 8 simultaneous sessions, and to switch between these sessions without terminating any of them.
• In Railway ticketing this allows a counter to issue both PRS and UTS tickets.
• “Implicit” connection facility allows Terminal Ports to be automatically connected to specific applications at power on.
• Separate Answer Back codes for each session enhance security.
8-port 10/100 Mbps Ethernet Switch is available on 8/16 port models.
User friendly menu-based supervisory port for easy configuration and quick deployment.
Diagnostic and monitoring facilities include port level tests, statistics and status reports, and a comprehensive set of indicators.
Support for centralised management through SNMP/Telnet.
Connection to core TCP/IP network can be via any of the 10/100 Mbps Ethernet ports on the unit. It supports standard protocols such as TELNET, RLOGIN for connection establishment, allows multiple connections to be established simultaneously, and supports Answer Back protection. It is available with 4, 8 or 16 RS232 Ports.
Availability of built-in 8-port Ethernet Switch in addition to RS232 ports allows both Ethernet and RS232 devices to connect to the core TCP/IP network. There is no need for a separate Switch to connect Ethernet devices. The number of interconnecting cables, the number of power outlets, etc. is also reduced, simplifying operations. Training requirements and spares inventory are also reduced in this solution – making it very cost-effective.
For Railway ticketing applications CYGNUS 1021 has several features which make it ideal for connecting Dumb Terminals, Thin Clients, chart printers, ATVMs, Touch Screens, RAPID Controllers etc., to PRS/UTS Servers. It also tackles the problem of frequent RS232 port failure, by offering 1500 V AC Isolation protection on RS232 ports. Isolation increases the robustness of RS232 ports against surges caused by induction/coupling from OHT lines, or because of poor earthing, or because of bypassed UPS systems.